[NTLK] Taking apart a Newton 1220

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 19:40:02 EST

>If you've not taken apart a 120 before, be aware that one corner (forget
>which) you are supposed to leave the screw in, and you pivot one of the
>halves of the MP on that corner to expose the innards, IIRC.

I'm afraid you do not RC...

> You don't
> undo all the screws and then lift the two halves separate.

Oh yes, you do. I doubt you would get the 120 apart if you leave any of
the screws except the two in the middle of the battery compartment
in.

Correct. See the hardware section of www.pda-soft.de

> how to repair the MP130 power switch

I've never seen a 130 power switch that could be repaired. You just
replace it.

Frank