[NTLK] Can SER-001 save my data ?

From: Tim Ilisia (timilisia_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 18:13:26 EST

Hello,

I have recently had a major disaster with my
Messagepad 2000.

The dongle was stood on, and the connector port has
been caved into the inside of the newton.

I dont have a recent backup of my newt and I need to
get the data off fast.

The IR port has been broken for months and I have
tried a flash card on various occasions to do a backup
(this does not work either!).

The only method I have ever used is the dongle and the
connection utilities.

Do I need to install any packages to use a SER-001
add-on ?

I have noticed that the SER-001 is not available any
longer, would anyone sell me one? I'd pay over the
list price to get this data backed-up.

help!!!!

tim