[NTLK] LaNUG Results!

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 22:18:49 EST

Well, we had our n'th. meeting last night. From 7 PM to 2 AM.
We met at AppleStore(the iPod looks great in person). Then we proceeded to
Conrad's until the coffee didn't keep us awake. We tried 'new' software,
Way and Mike B. did a quick program on his Pismo with NTK to MP2KU via
ethernet. Martina forgot to re-freeze dozens of pkgs. on my #2 AMP2KU :-D
 Mike T. showed a great way to carry accesories. Jim P. talked about his
Newt's use in his occupation and how his family has been 'Newted'.
Mike B. brought to show his Psion Netbook, Agenda Linux, and eMate 300.
I brought an old Telxon(batt. was too low), a Sharp Tripad, and a Sony
laptop.
The Tripad was covered by two AMP2KU's. That's how the Newt. could have
been. :-(
The Sony was used to download NewtGrocery.
We discussed tips and tricks for the Newt. We exchanged experiences on
ebay.
We made plans for a December meeting.
We discussed the possibility of going to MacWorld in January.
The winner of our drawing is Mr. Way Wong of Byte-Size software. Winner
receives a 'license' to a 'copy' of NewtGrocery, a generous offer from Mr.
Laurent Daudelin, author of NewtGrocery. Everybody got to try his software
on a MKP2K. Works great, so many fields, even my sister can use it. ;-)
BTW, my 'pen alignment' is back to normal. Another app. that wants to be
the backdrop was causing the problem. I froze the app. and all is well.
Well, the next meeting will again have a raffle, it could be software,
accessories, t-shirts, posters, you won't know until you're there.

!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech." "
Understand the causes of terror. Yes, we should try, but let there be no
moral ambiguity about this: nothing could ever
justify the events of 11 September, and it is to turn justice on its head
to pretend it could."
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!