Re: [NTLK] Can SER-001 save my data ?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 02:23:33 EST

on 19-11-2001 3:31, JForsterMD_at_aol.com at JForsterMD_at_aol.com wrote:

> I would suggest using a ethernet card and use that mode to communicate with
> your desktop. However, it is difficult to get the necessary pkgs if they are
> not there already. I guess the best idea is to use a card and transfer the
> data.

My suggestion too, but the only thing to get the packages onto your Newt is
another Newt with the packages installed, you'll need the Newton Devices.pkg
and the NIE Ethernet Support.pkg (and probably the driver for your Ethernet
card) highly recommended anyway.
BTW, I have been surviving without a serial port for over a year now, if you
don't need your keyboard you can actually live with a Newton without a
serial connection,
helps that I have other Newtons around the house though ;-)

Robert Benschop