Re: [NTLK] nimh's in 130?

From: rkadowns_at_mac.com
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 10:00:14 EST

I have been using them for quite some time now. I don't get very good
indication of the battery life since the Newton cannot anticipate the
discharge curve of NiMH, but no other problems really. Also keep in
mind that the Newton cannot charge NiMH batteries as they are meant to.
Nicads use a Peak Voltage method to indicate full charge whereas for
proper NiMH charging you must monitor the battery temp. The end result
are NiMH batteries that will run your Newt longer, but you will end up
with NiMH batts that do not take charges as many times as they would
normally. I believe Apple would like you to not use them since the
Newton will not stop charging the batteries even after they are fully
charged which will open the door for the possibility of seeping batts.

FYI, I have been using one set for more that 9 months now.

Robert