Re: [NTLK] Hoarding Newtons...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 03:30:11 EST

on 19/11/01 21:56, SlashDevNull at slashdevnull_at_mac.com wrote:

> Salutations,
>
> You think the price for them now is crazy? I remember when the Newton wa=
> Steved =81. The price of used ones went UP! Even higher than the new ones.
> It was like a big land grab. Everyone was one trying to find them before
> they were all gone.

Yep! I remember a few ones that were brand new, in box, and went for over
$1400!!!

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.