Re: [NTLK] Windows XP and NCU, does it work better than with Windows 2000?&In-Reply-To=<LAW2-OE59PdLFYxc9NU00000495@hotmail.com>

From: John Whitehead (john_at_modestine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 12:41:59 EST

On 20/11/01 4:28 PM, "compaqmaster" <compaqmaster_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have one more problem. When I look for e-mail address under contact-person i
> outlook, it has not been transferred, although name and everything else has
> been transferred. Anybody else with that problem, and perhaps a solution.
>

> Mads

I don't know if this will sort it but it may: on the Newt when you accept
the default label for a phone number as "Phone" or for an email as "E-mail"
you are effectively leaving the label field blank (thus saving a few
precious characters, I guess). When you come to synch with some desktop PIMs
they see no label and promptly ignore the data item. In those circumstances
you change Phone to Home or Work or whatever, or E-mail to Internet, and the
problem is solved. As I say, I can't remember if Outlook is one of the
culprits.

Best

John Whitehead