[NTLK] re Newton capable Pager card

From: Kevin Omura (kevino_at_newsroom.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 14:01:54 EST

I have a Socket communications Pagecard which is circa 1995. It is
complete in box with all original manuals and sw if you are interested.
Also has the leather belt case which allows unit to work as a stand alone
alpha/numeric pager.

This is the card listed on page 31 of the Newton solutions guide. Can be
setup on any system as a std alphanumeric or numeric pager.

These shipped with Notify and Update for the Newton as well as Powerbook
though I never tried to install on my 1400c. I think it needed to have
Powertalk sw installed in as well which is part of an earlier system.

Card fires up fine in my 120 and eMate, needs the backup battery. Not sure
where you are located but I am in Toronto so if you want to look at it and
test it first that would be fine with me.

Re trades? What have you got?

Kevin