Re: [NTLK] newton + entourage v.x?

From: John Del Pizzo (jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:58:04 EST

On 11/21/01 8:46 AM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> so eloquently stated:

> Here is a question. Does Entourage for X use the same files as Entourage fo=
> Classic? In other words, can I sync Entourage in Classic, yet open the data
> up in the X version?

> Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <jonglass_at_usa.net>
> <glasshaus5_at_aol.com>

Hi John,

I believe that Entourage for X uses a different file format. I say this b/c
Entourage X required me to import my Entourage 2001 identities the same way
I would import info from any other PIM.

So you could sync with Entourage Classic and then import them into Entourage
X if you really wanted to - there'd be no data loss. However, you wouldn't
be able to go from the X data set back to Classic.

Newtourage should work just fine with X. I'll know more after this weekend
and I do some testing.

John