[NTLK] ATA Support Question...

From: Perry Rutherford (per_at_suzieqsw.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 14:20:09 EST

(Forgive me if this shows up twice...I'm not seeing it)

Hello All,

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question...

Will it be possible to use a PC for backup purposes of a CF card with ATA
Support?

Specifically, will a compact flash reader on a PC be able to recognize the
card used in the Newton? It would be great to be able to use a 32 or 64 mb
CF card in the newton to store packages, data and backups of internal and
other cards and then be able to insert the card in a reader hooked up to a
PC
to copy the 'file' or contents of the card to the PC on a regular basis.

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks,

Perry Rutherford
Hilliard, OH