Re: [NTLK] Warning: Dipwad ZDNet Columnist Ahead

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 18:59:15 EST

On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 15:36, Grant [Box Model] Hutchinson wrote:

> I, for one, am not going to keep beating this dead horse. I hope that
> enough reason and factual evidence was forwarded to the aforementioned
> "dipwad" so that he now stands corrected. Editor, indeed. Feh.

He probably got a big bonus, actually.

ZDNet are advertising whores. They make money from ad impressions. The
editors and columnists are -encouraged- to say inflammatory things in
order to have lively discussions on their boards, which result in ad
impressions for reading each message, and more ad impressions from
replying to the message.

So, start a flamewar, laugh all the way to the bank.

I imagine Coursey dropped that in there, knowing better, JUST to get
people to reply angrily. He won't be corrected, he'll get a chance to
run a column later on the weird, miserable subculture that's still using
Newtons in spite of their obvious inferiority, and look how defensive
and rude they are. I've seen it done over and again with Amiga, Linux,
even MacOS.

He's just trying to get a rise out of us. Don't give him the pleasure
of letting him succeed.

Oh, and if you're going to read ZDNet, use Junkbuster or some other
ad-removing proxy -- don't help them get money for reading their tripe.

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs