Re: [NTLK] NiCd vs. NiMH

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 15:42:18 EST

Carsten,

> AFAIK, the MP110/120/130 don't have a temperature sensor.

Oh yes they do! I have one of each model and there is a metal heat sink
between the middle two batteries on the right hand side of the compartment.

It is positioned so that it touches the batteries and not the metal band
that keeps the four cells of the NiCd pack togrther.

This sensor is just as effective if independent cells are used as long as
they are well seated in their slots and the charging button is depressed
with a thin, plastic shim.

Incidentally, I just installed NiMH AAA cells in my MP100 and it works a
treat, charging through the internal circuits and giving excellent battery
life. There is no temperature sensor in the OMP/MP100 because IIRC the cells
are trickle charged and there is no endpoint.

Joel.