Re: [NTLK] Rhapsody == OS X

From: Benjamin (ihxo_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 02:29:25 EST

Actually if you have earlier builds of the "next" generation Mac OS (aka
Mac OS X server 1.0 beta), it was called Rhapsody, when you startup your
Mac, you'll see "Rhapsody" then an apple logo under that. After that
you'll get into the so called finder, You'll see that you are actually
using Openstep with platinum skin on it.

Is "Rhapsody" "OS X", Yes and No. when apple Call the next Gen OS
Project "Rhapsody" they didn't have a clear concept of what Rhapsody
will be like. So they just put on a platinum skin on NextStep and call
it OS X Server 1.0. But soon after OS X server 1.0 they started to come
up with word like Cocoa, Carbon, Classic, Quartz. And Carbon, Classic
and Quartz are not part of Rhapsody, that's probably why they say
"Rhapsody is not OS X"