Re: [NTLK] [OT]Newton Dreams

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 13:38:47 EST

Mikebridg_at_aol.com wrote:

> I got myself a Xmas present of an Ipod at the Macusser Show in London. It's
> Magic and so far I love it - Haven't notices any whine, but then I am 67 and
> have some high pitched Tinnitus.

The Tinnitus might cover it, but on Apple's dicussion pages, people with
  Tinnitus seem to notice it as well.

> How loud do you have it? I find about 75%
> onthe scakle is right for me.

Same here, sometimes a bit more. Some CDs are mixed at lower volume
levels, so I have to turn the volume up a bit.

> What level of compression do you use? I have it
> on the second best and the sound is really great.

I use 128kbit and generally, that sounds good enough. The hard drive of
the iPod is a bit too small for me, so I have to get the file size down.
I might however go with VBR encoding (128kbit minimum) in the future.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --