Re: [NTLK] More questions regarding built-in dictionary / anybody able to

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 14:30:34 EST

>Some days ago Paul said (if I understood him properly) that it is entirely
>possible to find the dictionary-pkg in the Newt, export it and install it on
>a "foreign" MP, which could then use both dicts at the same time.

Actually, there is no dictionary package in the Newton. Instead,
there are several enumerated dictionaries which you can turn into
packages (I described the format of these).

I don't know if you can export non enumerated dictionaries (i.e. for
dates/numbers/phones).

>Is anybody in the possession of an *English* 2.1 unit willing and able to do
>so?

Please note that nobody has ever done this before, AFAIK.

>I asked myself how extensive the US dict.

The main enumerated dictionary in the MP2x00 US has 80 K words.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/