Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Michael Drabicki (drabicki_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 15:15:26 EST

>On 11/28/01 1:34 PM, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com> wrote:
>
>> There are a number of us on this list who are @Home customers. Excite is
>> making noise like they want to shutdown the entire @Home system this Friday,
>> as part of their ongoing bankruptcy saga. So, just a warning to those
>> running the list (and everyone else)... If there really is a service
>> interruption, I don't know what that many bounced messages will do.
>> Further, I'd guess that a bunch of us might get automagically unsubscribed.
> > Thoughts?

FWIW I have a mac.com address and am an @Home customer. Recently
mac.com installed a new spam server that has been bouncing a lot of
my other email lists messages. I'm sure messages have been bounced
back to the Newtontalk server by mac.com, so far without a noticable
problem. If it has been a problem kudos to Victor Rehorst for keeping
it going.

--
Mike Drabicki
WhizBang! Visuals

Yell. Jump. Play. Out-run those sons-of-bitches. They'll never live the way you live. Go do it. --Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing