Re: [NTLK] Bizzaro Newton

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:35:45 EST

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 06:23 , Kevin Hagen wrote:

> I wonder if the smart card may be a SIM card for a GSM 900 Mhz mobile
> phone. The built in PCMCIA card could be a GSM phone card, maybe...

GSM is not the only and wasn't even the first technology to use smart
cards.

The description clearly says that the smart cards are custom cards used
for authentication in the French healthcare system and the PCMCIA card
was described as a custom card for this. No GSM I'm afraid.

However, you can use the Nokia GSM data card with the Newton. It's got
official drivers for that.

rgds
BK