[NTLK] Caveat Emptor - eBay id 'mussalli'

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:49:30 EST

Just a friendly heads-up to y'all:

On eBay, there's a guy 'mussalli' who's auctioning lots of stuff
including a big handful of 3CXE589DT ethernet cards for starting price
of $9. Cool, exactly what I want, X-Jack low-power Newton-compatible
card. New in box, shrinkwrapped, etc.

I bought one on 10-20, paid Paypal. Three weeks later, I received a
four-port Ethernet hub.

After informing him of this, I was instructed to send it back (at my
expense) with a note clarifying what had happened, and after he received
it, he would ship the correct thing. I'm a patient guy, I'll accept
that, so off it goes....

Today, -five-weeks- after the close of the auction, I received a
3C589D-TP. In a little box of bubble wrap, with a CD-R of the drivers.
Not at all right. Not new in box, not X-Jack, not at all right.

This guy has an eBay rating of nearly 3400, so I'm assuming I'm just
having a run of bad luck. And I think he's making good-faith mistakes,
not malicious ones.

So, maybe this is just a warning that mussalli is doing a little too
much eBay business to pay attention to quality and speed. Just FYI,
caveat emptor.

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs