Re: [NTLK] OT: Laurent Daudelin's "definitions"

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 22:24:11 EST

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 11:01 , Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 28/11/01 19:20, Lallang_at_aol.com at Lallang_at_aol.com wrote:
>
>> Where do you get those screamingly funny "definitions" from? The "core
>> fandango" was extremely hilarious.
>
> That's why I got them as signatures: for some people, they're a blast!
> They
> are from the Jargon Lexicon at
> <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/The-Jargon-Lexicon-framed.html>

Nice one ;-)

saw this sig on Usenet with a quote from Bill Gates saying something
like "There is no Windoze user who doesn't like their PC. Everybody
likes Windoze." or something like that. Apparently he really said that
in some interview.

In another sig, I have seen Ken Olson's (DEC founder) famous words of
1978 or so "There is no reason why anybody would want to have a computer
in their home".

rgds
BK