Re: [NTLK] NDPS NoteServ 2.045 problem?

From: Grant [Butterscotch] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 15:08:50 EST

In a previous message, Jeremy Bond Shepherd typed vigorously:

>NoteServ 2.045 appears to be not properly serving notes in the
>Posts folder which have a generic title (e.g., appears as Note:
>Mon 10/15). The server returns a 500 error (Internal Error).
>Note with a user-given title work fine.

I usually get these generically titled posts if I have the "Posts" folder
open in Notes when BugTrap generates an error report. The normal BugTrap
report gets placed into the "Unfiled" folder, but another blank note gets
placed into the "Posts" folder (I'm not sure why). This blank or empty
note, which has the same type of title as you describe shows up in the
NPDS <NOTE_LIST>, but cannot be accessed (the 500 error as above).

I found that if you simply open the note on the Newton and refile the
note into the same folder and try again you can then load the note you
your browser. It must have something to do with the way blank notes are
named by default.

Do you happen to know how these notes are being created originally? It
seems that creating a new note within the Notes application doesn't cause
this same behavior.

BTW, I've crossed posted this message to the NPDS list as well.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/