Re: [NTLK] Airplanes and carry-ons

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 09:02:26 EDT

>>on 9/30/01 @ 10:43 PM, Guy MITTAUX wrote:
>>
>> My conclusion is that now there is less risk of highjacking.
>
>on 0/1/01 @ 5:08 PM, Jon Glass responded:
>
>Not to be a fear monger, but I agree with you, and think that the next
>attack will come out of the blue in another area that Americans feel safe
>(think cars). I don't know what that is, but I have some ideas (think cars,
>roads). I don't dare say them publicly, because I would hate to be suspected
>if my suspicions came true. ;-)

What ever they do, they want an audience.

That is key.

Look how the WTC was set up.

It was a beautifully executed attack, complete with media coverage.

People panicing, people dying, mayhem --> terror!

Here is a constructive drill for you to try.

Sit calmly and clear you mind...go on relax.

Now imagine being in a situation that would be your worst nightmare --
where your are petrified.

Now figure out how to make that happen...

For some of you, what you imagine will give insight as to what they may
try.

You know, in the past 20 years or so, certain elements of our governments
-- with a plural -- have been conducting anti-terrorist activities around
the world. Many operations have been successful. You will never hear of
them or the professionals who conduct these operations. That is the way
the game should be played...

On 11 September, the world saw an attack against individuals from 80
different countries, in a very public and visual manner. The war on
terrorism has moved from the background to the forefront.

There are pros and cons with this. Those who operate in the background
need to stay there to be effective. The world wants results. It will
come in many shapes and forms -- most of which, you will probably not see
on CNN...

Unfortunately, it took the WTC attack to galvanize the world into action.

Sushi