Re: [NTLK] spreadsheets

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 06:26:54 EDT

> From: Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com>
>
> on 02/10/01 00:02, Vasilios Gotsis at basil_at_provisions.com.au wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys, can i recieve xcel sheets by email as an atachment for me to read
>> with works
>
> I haven't tried this, but if you have the QuickFigure extension for Works,
> you can upload Excel spreadsheet and work on them with QF. I would think
> that receiving those spreadsheets by email should work, but, again, never
> tried it myself.

on a related note, you can download tab-delimited text files via web.
this requires Newt's Cape and a small helper app example
  http://members.home.net/saweyer/newton/newtscape/exs/helpqfwi.htm

I assume Quickfigure does not have a way of directly handling .xls files
-- probably only converted docs from desktop?
(if it did, it would be straightforward to refine this helperApp for Newt's
Cape; and probably have it dispatch files from Inbox too)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com