Re: [NTLK] WARNING: NTK no longer runs under MacOS X 10.1

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 11:44:40 EDT

on 10/2/01 11:31 AM, john_fraser_at_mac.com at john_fraser_at_mac.com wrote:

> Sorry to jump into this but appletalk is not supported over serial
> (loctaltalk). Perhaps a version with appletalk remove=
> d (or have it not look at the serial ports at all. would run?
>
> So does a package installer at least run on X?

Hmmmm, serial was not available in 10.0.x, but NTK would still work. If I
remember correctly, it would report that the serial was in use, but would
still work. Now, it refuses to launch...

-Laurent.

Microsoft: The new Evil Empire (the old one was IBM). The basic complaints
are, as formerly with IBM, that (a) their system designs are horrible
botches, (b) we can't get source to fix them, and (c) they throw their
weight around a lot. See also Halloween Documents.