[NTLK] Charging NiMH batts in 130

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 17:50:59 EDT

>Does someone have any sound technical reasons why this shouldn't be done?
>I'm not a battery expert, but the charge Voltage is the same, and there is
>no complicated charge curve like lithium.

You will in my experience neither fry the Newt nor the NiMH's. You will
even,
for a time, get more out of them than out of NiCad's. You will never,
though,
be able to charge them to their full capacity (which you can only prove if
you charge them in another charger and compare). They *do* have a different
charge curve than NiCad's even if the voltage is the same.

Frank