Re: [NTLK] Lee Moon.. and the Movies..

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 19:36:23 EDT

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:47:18 -0700 (PDT), newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Lee's site went down awhile ago.. for what reason i
> don't know..
Haven't been there but there must be a mirror/alternate
source somewhere!
> does anyone know how to make movie clips for his
> player??
> i know about the player that is supposed to covert
> quicktime .mov into a format that will play, but it's
> like a newtonbook that "flips" pages fast enough that
> looks like a movie..
Count me in!!
> i want to be able to make movie clips like the "Lost
> in Space" trailer clip..
Probably nothing so flash! I know the sketchpad available with
option-d within the wordprocessing bit of NewtWorks and I thought it would
be totally cool to thread the sketches into a "movie" but I'm not into the
quasi-photo thing, more animation of the obviously handmade kind, or maybe
using movement & view-changes using hidden-line algorithm 3d and using one
of the simpler shading techniques to save memory. Anyway the intuitive
drawing on the screen thing is such an advantage of having a newt anyway,
especially an eMate because of the sheer screen area.
> so, if anyone know how to..
>
> thanks..
and that goes double for me, too!

> =====