Re: [NTLK] WARNING- Ferdi Ozguner strikes again!

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 02:03:41 EDT

I'll add my two cents. I bought for eMate/mp2100 styli from him (the
colored plastic type). His auction said "New In Box". They where *NOT*
new in box. But they were in mint condition so I let that slide. The fact
that he charged me more than DOUBLE what it cost to ship was what really
annoyed me. I mean OK we're only talking a couple of bucks, but it's the
point of the whole thing.

I have also called him on his questionable wording of 'rare' Newton
items. For example, he auctioned a 'rare' MessagePad with a white
backlight. The way the auction was worded it was made to sound (without
actually saying so) that Apple were the ones that made this
modification. When I called him on it he became rude and abusive of me on
the Newton newsgroups.

Personally I think this guy is a complete jerk, a dishonorable businessman,
and is not in any way to be trusted.

At 01:22 AM 1/5/1970 -0800, you wrote:

>[No sad details of my emails with this guy, but] he is selling
>questionable goods on ebay. he is claiming ignorance of a mis-labeled
>goods... ala false advertising. He is incapable of understanding a
>death back east [I'm in LA] which prevented me from not getting in touch
>with him in a given time period. Agreed.
>
>nevertheless, I would suggest you think twice form buying from what
>turns out to be a very dishonest "business" person. Mr. Ozgunner is not
>a comrade of newton users, unlike the others i have met on this board
>[which I appreciate] which support each other, even through
>misunderstandings/miscommunications.
>
>I have had dealings on both ends with people on this board, all of whom
>bend over backwards to make sure the newton community stays united. not
>the case here... think what you will... do what you will... you have
>been warned.
>
>I'm certain he will rebut [as he is most generous with his
>post-rationalizations/justifications and insults], and I'll let him have
>the last word. this is not meant to be a bitch session, just one
>member's observations to help others...
>

>--

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net

ICQ UIN: XXXXXX <--- Please email me if you want my ICQ number.