Re: [NTLK] amigo's HWR

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:52:48 EDT

Agreed. And even tho these devices have faster CPU's than the Newts, they
are still *slower* than the Newts. That's just silly.

Not to mention that HWR in Pocket pc's acts more like an
afterthought. It's like all of the forms, dialogs, etc are still Windows
widgets, but you happen to be able to write over the top of them. Oh..
wow... great. No thanks. Palm and Newt UI's *act* like they were made for
Pen input.

PocketPC will never feel right for me... that's all there is to it...

At 01:49 PM 10/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes: "Don't bother."
>
>The key phrase in their response is "..and then select recognize."
>
>Even el-cheapo Palm units don't require you do do that! They recognize
>as you write (Graffiti, granted, but still.....)
>
>They just don't 'get it'.
>
> - Bill

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net
ICQ UIN: XXXXXX (please ask if you want to talk via ICQ)
Linux - Chicken Soup for the Unix Soul