[NTLK] SER-001 small gap problem

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 16:43:50 EDT

Hello,

  I just installed my SER-001 card and I also had the 'gap' problem I
tried counter-sinking the screw but that didn't help. Even after completely
sinking the screw out of sight I still had a small gap. So I fitted the
case without the washer and that worked. So rather than using the plastic
washer that was sent, I used a old PC motherboard washer. Hehe, I am sure
some of you don't know what that is. If you don't, be grateful. :)

  I still have a very small gap, and if I push on the case at the gap, I can
feel the lip trying to lock on the ledge. But it is almost unnoticeable and
the pen slides freely now.

  Everything works like a charm. Keyboard functions perfectly.

  I'm know Mr. Humphreys is on this mailing list. So do you see any
problems using the PC motherboard washer (the little brown kind)?

David