[NTLK] Newton and Macintosh Video Conferencing

From: J¿rgen Riishede (riishede_at_get2net.dk)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 08:42:06 EDT

To "Whom it may concern"!!!!!

I have been connected to the NewtonTalk List for two month now. There =
has been many discussions about lost opportunities for the Newton =
Platform and programs for special purposes (Dragon etc.). One item =
seems to be missing: Video Conferencing on Newton!!!!!

To nigth (european summertime) I think I found a "new" Newton Page.

Via NPDS ServerTracker at http://misato.chuma.org:2110/ and
Dale Steels Backup Newton i found a link to

http://www.int.gu.edu.au/~j.faichney/software/software.html

Here you can find a Video Conferencing system for Macintosh and =
Newton and not at least, the source code for C++ (I think) and NTK. =
The author is Jolon Faichney, and he has provided the software to and =
source code to "Whom it may concern".

I have no Video hardware on my PM 6500, so I am unable to try how it =
works, although it seems to connect via TCP/IP.

Maybee you all know this software or maybee not. Anyway is there =
anybody out there who would be willing to try the system and maybe =
look at the source code? There could be an oppurtunity to improve on =
this system, use some of the parts different or use it for a platform =
for new ideas concerning this subject??

J=F8rgen (J=F8rgen)