Re: [NTLK] 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589DT LAN Card...help.

From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 08:32:28 EDT

I didn't see a mention of using a hub or crossover cable.

Instead of buying a crossover cable, I bought a male-to-male RJ-45
connector, cracked it open, and switched the pins on the appropriate
contacts to make a crossover. Then I can plug the connector from my 3COM
dongle into it, and a straight RJ45 into the other side to the network
connector (on the iMac at home, or in the wall at the office). Saves having
to carry another cable and its cheap too.

--
Michael Guzzo
http://home.att.net/~michael.guzzo/newton/newton.html

-- original message -- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:36:58 +0000 Subject: [NTLK] 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589DT LAN Card...help. From: Gary Zambrano <Gazam_at_mac.com>

Fellow Newton Users, I need help. <message edited>