Re: [NTLK] [OT - somewhat] Fun w/ telemarketers

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:01:05 EDT

>Brrring --- brrring.

On a related note, a call from Verizon the other day was how we found out
that our
house (located 16,300 feet from a switching office) can now receive DSL
service.
We patiently explained that we had been down this route last year with my ISP
(who buys DSL service from Verizon and resells it) but they insisted we were
eligible.

So I called my ISP, and lo and behold, the range had been extended from
15,000 feet
to 18,000 feet, just in the last several weeks.

So something good can come from a telemarketing call...

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net