Re: [NTLK] Word docs to eMate (was: eMates for sale $99 update)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 11:38:41 EDT

on 10/12/01 11:28 AM, Samuel Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Dear Ken,
>
> Thank you for replying.
>
> Per my last post since I have already tried to break up the document,
> tried to import the pieces of my Thesis as a word file, as a rich text
> file, and as a simple text file, and have tried the slowdown.exe on its
> slowest speed setting all with no luck, I was left with trying to change
> the required memory for the NCU to match my eMate (I have the upgrade DRAM
> card for memory, as well as that I have a 20 MB flash card inserted). Yet I
> did not see a setting on the NCU window for setting its available memory.
> How would I do this (either directly through NCU or via my WinTel)?
>
> I must say that I greatly appreciate your help as the only reason I got a
> eMate was for use while writing my Thesis as, after understanding from the
> NUG that it would work with Word documents, it provided an inexpensive
> alternative to a laptop (plus I like pen computing quite a bit).

Ken thought, since you were writing a thesis, that you were working on a
Macintosh, but you're not ;-)

I already posted a reply to which you might not have responded so far, but
my main question is: besides trying to import files, have you been able to
connect NCU to your eMate before and do something useful, backup, package
installation, etc.?

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).