Re: [NTLK] Help Me!!!

From: Jeroen Goulooze (jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 16:44:52 EDT

When the prefs pannel is open and then you insert the card, the newt asks if
you want to format the card. press yes if you want to do so.

Another way could be to prefent the packages to activate. To do that you
have to hold your pen on a certain spot when rebooting your newt (believe it
was a few centimeters from the left side and a few centimeters form the
bottom). Dunno if it works like that with the 120. Anyway check the faq to
be sure about that. If you do so, you can delete the offending package by
browsing through your extra's drawer.

HTH

Jeroen Goulooze

----Original Message Follows----

Hello I am new to the list. And I have a huge
problem(besides my grammar). I have a MP120os1.3 and
a 4mb card. After discoering that I could download
applications onto my newton I preceeded to ownload
about 30 of them.
Now I cant do anything to the card. One of the apps
is called "Elegance" whenever I restart newton I get
an error like this:

Elegance
There has been an error.
Error ID: E-104

This happen everytime. Every attempt that I have made
to try and erase the card through a plathora of apps
and the Newton "Card" app itself leads to a crash.
Unfortunately I am an idiot and I did not leave a
back-up on the card. I do howeve have a back up of the
uncorrupted card state on my Mac but apparently there
is no way for me to install int to my Newton. With
the card in whenever I try to download or install
anything it always crashes......Also there appears to
be no program that will install a back up from a
computer anyway...

Sorry that this message is so weird....I am just a
little fustrated.

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon

390 Manville Saint Charles Road Bishopville, SC 29010

(803) 428-6757 (perm.)

mjl3781_at_rit.edu (alt.)