[NTLK] Handwriting and HWR

From: Alexandre Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 11:57:04 EDT

On the subject of having awful handwriting...It's been a *big* issue
throughout my school education. It's not legible or, at least,
human-readable. Some people recognize a few words but that's all. Now, you
can't guess how surprised I was when my Newt was able to recognize my
handwriting. It's not perfect, but it's much better than most humans. And,
in fact, it has helped me write better.
OTOH, because I write both in French and English and because I only have a
slow 130, I end up printing most of the time and using, yes, Graph-pity. I
know people despise it bc of its Palmness, but I find it's quite useful as
a complement to the native HWR, especially for words with accented
characters.

Alex Enkerli
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
Indiana University