Re: [NTLK] VNC preview

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 17:06:39 EDT

I would *love* to see the server-version implemented. Connecting to my
Newton via ethernet using VNC would rock.

Steve W. -- I haven't done much NewtonScript, but I'm a pretty hard-core
Java developer (it's what I do for a living). I'd love to help if I
can... Lemme know.

At 02:54 PM 10/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Wow wow wow!
>I can't wait to download!
>Excellent work!
>
>Brad Tober
>
>On Tuesday, October 16, 2001, at 10:41 AM, Steve Weyer wrote:
>

> > If you'd like to preview the VNC software description and see some
> > screen
> > shots:
> > http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#VNC
> >
> > VNC = Virtual Network Computing.
> > Basically, you can display the screen of a remote system over a network,
> > point at its screen and enter text.
> >
> > This does NOT include links to the software yet --
> > I anticipate releasing a .pkg later today,
> > after I've had a chance to check/test a few last things...
> >
> > So, check the page later,
> > and if you've got comments in the meanwhile, post to NewtonTalk or
> > email me.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> > weyer_at_kagi.com
> > Newton apps/tools: Newt's Cape, NewtDevEnv, Sloup, Crypto,...
> > http://www.kagi.com/weyer/
> >

> > --

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net
ICQ UIN: XXXXXX (please ask if you want to talk via ICQ)
Linux - Chicken Soup for the Unix Soul