Re: [NTLK] Printing via Ethernet ?

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 01:14:37 EDT

Andy,

Some HP LJs need a PostScript upgrade in order to allow Newts and Macs to
print via ethernet. The 2100 is one such beast. It comes in three flavors
and two of them come with the PS module preinstalled, the base unit doesn't,
even if you add the JetDirect card.

The weird thing to experience is that in spite of this, you can print fine
with a serial cable or via IRDA.

I can't even begin to guess the model that you have but remember banging my
head on this one in a client's office for hours before finding a vague
reference on an HP Tech-support BB.

Good luck,

Ken Whitcomb