[NTLK] VNC test results...

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 17:18:26 EDT

Like everybody else I had to grab VNC and try it out too.
Thanks, Steve! ;)

Generally, it works surprisingly well considering the
Newton's age. It holds up pretty well against VNC on my CE
device. Here are some specific results:

NT5, Linux VNC in raw mode: works great, no problems

Linux in all other modes:
disconnect before anything is drawn with following logged:
  rfbProcessClientNormalMessage: unknown message type 8

NT5 all other modes: disconnect (where's the NT VNC log!?)

Don't know if this helps anyone or not, but at least for
me, setting to "raw" protocol in prefs is the way to
connect right now!

-A. Hsiao