Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #267

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 03:17:13 EDT

on 10/17/01 8:41 PM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> Does it always crash at the same point? Can you verify it crashes at the
> same place? If so, I would wildly guess that there is at least one entry =
in
> your name soup that is corrupted. You would probably need to browse each
> entry with a soup editor to see if you can access all of them. My guess i=
> that at some point, you would get an exception. If you're lucky, you migh=
> be able to get rid of the corrupted entry. If you're not so lucky, you wo=
uld
> have to recover from a previous, known good backup. You have a backup,
> right?

Shouldn't there be a log that's being written that will help locate the evi=
offender? I thought there was something called xlate.log or something, that
was written. Maybe you could check that and see. Or, maybe, if possible,
open whatever file was created, and see what the last entry is...
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
=B3[Speciesism is] a form of prejudice, immoral and indefensible in the same
way that discrimination on the basis of race is immoral and indefensible.=B2
--Peter Singer, a founder of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals)