Re: [NTLK] Experiencing Serious ATA 1.0b8-D Data Corruption (I can reproduce it).

From: Adam Warner (lists_at_consulting.net.nz)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 16:45:53 EDT

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 06:52, Paul Guyot wrote:

> >I've got a MP2000 w/latest BIOS update (717260).
>
> BIOS Update? You probably mean system update (and the latest is 710031 :)

Sorry system update. OK I'll have to research that further.

> Thanks for the full report. This helps. And since I have a problem
> when doing the same steps (although not exactly yours, but it's very
> probably linked), I think I'll be able to fix it. If I'm less tired
> than I have been these last days (yes, that's why the project doesn't
> advance), it should be fixed for next release.

That's great Paul. I'm glad you can reproduce a problem.

Thanks for the full explanation of storing onto ATA cards. I realise it
could be different storage used but almost certainly not ~ double (I
didn't know you could use free bytes within clusters).

Have you considered that the compression or fast compression bit might
not be honoured? Perhaps when a large compressed file is uploaded to the
store it is being uncompressed? But its original compressed size is
being recorded. Instant corruption.

Regards,
Adam