Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil new digital device next week

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 07:29:27 EDT

on 10/19/01 12:32 AM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> wrote a plugin
> that allows WinAmp to become a streaming media server.

Aha, I see now. I missed the "streaming" part earlier. :-) Sorry. I
understand now. Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

I guess I can see the benefit if you have music spread out over several
machines and hard drives. I only have 10 or so albums (at the moment) and
they all fit on my hard drive, and with iTunes, I can choose by album,
genre, artist, etc, and play what I want, and in the order I want. It's
convenient, and I like it. I read of a software that will record through the
inputs, so my magnetic media will be making it to mp3s here someday soon. I
will then be bursting at the seams, as I have too many cassettes to count.
Now, if only I still had a decent turntable...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams