Re: [NTLK] Help 2 Questions

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 08:53:04 EDT

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:10:02 -0400
> From: Brian <bmcewen_at_mediaone.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Help 2 Questions
>

>> I have a MP130 and when I try to mount my 4 meg card it locks up on the
>> "AstroLib" package. I tried it in the 2100 and same thing. Newt locks up.
>> So, I have a back-up of the card, how do I erase it? I have a Powerbook, can
>> I reformat it or erase it in there then put it back in the newt? Any
>> software utilities than can do this?
>

> There are a few reasons you might be seeing problems but I'm not sure you
> need to erase the card as the first line defense.
>
> That said, you can erase a card by having the card out of the Newt at
> powerup, once the Newt boots, open the "prefs" slip, then inserting the
> card while the prefs window is showing. You'll get a "erase this card?"
> prompt and it will let you erase it without mounting any packages first.
DUDE,
YOU ROCK!!!
Thanks soo much, I tried it and it erased it!!! YEAH!!!!
Now, Fortunately, I did a back-up the day BEFORE my Newton died. So, I have
all my info etc. and that's way I didn't mind erasing the card.
Now, I'm waiting for the FEDEX man to come and take my 2100 "Monitor" back
to Apple to why the strange input behaviour. I hate to see it go just after
I got it back but I want it right.
After using a 130 in the interim, I couldn't believe how much faster the
2100 is. You really don't notice speed till you go backwards (no offence).
Thanks a Billion,
Don