Re: [NTLK] The MP2000 has a faster (clocked?) CPU than the MP2100??? :-)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 17:26:43 EDT

I believe that Sean has a WABA implemented benchmark
test for the Newton that will return some quite
accurate numbers.
How about it Sean, you got some numbers that will
either confirm or debunk this information below?
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/messagepad2100.sp.pdf

http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/MessagePad2000.sea.hqx

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=messagepad+2000+167.9+MHz&btnG=Google+Search

> (for messagepad 2000 167.9 MHz)
>
> and variants such as MP2000, MP2k turns up zero
> hits.
>
> My guess is that all MP2x00 Newtons are marginally
> overclocked to 167.9
> MHz.
>
> Since the difference is under 4% you'd need
> benchmark software to test
> for this.
>
> Regards,
> Adam

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...