[NTLK] Time to brainwipe?

From: Gavchar Mail (gcmail_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 20:41:53 EDT

Folks,

I've had my MP2K (upgraded to a 2100) for five years, and I've never
brainwiped it.

Today I've experienced two occurrences of -48400 and -48401 errors. Once
when installing a pkg and once when deleting a note.

So...these sort of errors are listed as unexpected datatype errors. Seems
like some small bit of corruption to me.

How well do the Newton data storage structures recover from this sort of
thing? Is a small amount of corruption like this likely to lead to worse
things?

Are there any recommendations on what to do?

Should I be thinking about brainwiping and slowly and painfully reloadng all
my pkgs etc.?

I'm not sure what the best way to offload and reinstall all my pkgs and
data. Even stuff like handwriting expansions and things...how do you
backup/restore that information.

I'm hoping that someone out there who has done a brainwipe and then
re-built-up their environment has some advice.

All advice is welcome.

Gavin.