Re: [NTLK] The MP2000 has a faster (clocked?) CPU than the

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 01:26:36 EDT

>It would be an interesting (though pointless) revelation if some models
>of the MP2000 had the fastest CPU, even faster than the MP2100!

Sorry to put an end to this dream, but this isn't the case. There
are, in several places, bits of code which depend on the speed of the
CPU. And the MP2100 and MP2000 ROM are strictly identical.

The actual clock speed is 161.9 MHz and I think that 162 is the
rounded value and 167.9 a mistake.

>Since I'll be upgrading my MP2000 soon I could help determine this.
>Since the benchmark has to have low RAM usage how about a really long
>newtonscript loop, say ~ 10 minutes (with sleep disabled)? Utilising the
>1/60 counter and a stopwatch for confirmation as well.

This would be useless as NewtonOS does preemptive multithreading. You
need to enter supervisor mode and deactivate interruptions to do a
correct benchmark.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/