Re: [NTLK] Success! NTK 1.6.4 and Mac OS X 10.1

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 13:03:40 EDT

>These last two are the "devices" that the Keyspan gives the
>machine, and are editable names in the control panel. I see no
>mention of the ability to connect via AppleTalk over the internal
>Ethernet interface.

If you read the fine print for the Keyspan (or any of the USB to serial
adapters) they won't pass Appletalk packets.

And I'm not sure that trying to route ethertalk over USB or other serial
port would something that I'd expect to work no matter what (regardless of
having a keyspan on the USB or not...) :/

 If anything wwill be made to work, it would have to be using a plain old
SERIAL connection (like the "printer port USB" serial entry) since nothing
else but a vanilla serial connection will pass the Keyspan (no appletalk,
not ethertalk(!), no localtalk)- nothing with -talk :)