Re: [NTLK] "iPod"

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_BOS.StreamServe.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 14:43:54 EDT

> Checkout www.apple.com
>
> 5GB FireWire MP3 Player.
>
> wow.

Sam:BeginRant();
Is that irony?
I like the iPod- it looks like a cool MP3 player. It'd probably be more
useful to me if I had a Mac.
But it's hardly revolutionary. Has no one seen something like this before?
Like the Personal MP3 Jukebox?
"The unit weighs 9.9 oz. and is easily tucked into any palm-sized space with
outside dimensions of 150 x 80 x 26 mm"
"high capacity lithium-ion rechargeable battery... 12 hours playback time"
It uses playlists, too.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/electronics/3774.shtml

Admittedly, it's bigger, but not that much, and it's only 50% heavier. And
it holds _four times_ as much.
Oh, and it's been around for a couple of years now. (at least the 6 gig
version has)
Sam:EndRant();

Oh, yeah, I guess it does cost $100 more ;O

Sorry, SJ's hype just bugs me- "There's been nothing like this before. And I
don't think there's another company that could do this" Yah.. .whatever.

        -Sam