Re: [NTLK] "The Device"

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:37:21 EDT

"Bill davis newton" <newton_at_mail.ecity.net> wrote:

>Sorry, Jon, but those photos are quite obviously rendered. I could
>tell at first glace. They just aren't that well done. Heck, if
>nothing else, the image on the screen is too good for a photo.
>
>And quite frankly, even if it were real, the object pictured is not
>that well designed. I strongly doubt it's an Apple product.
>
>And they ARE right about some of the grout showing through and NOT
>being reflections. Some could be, you're right...but some is obviously
>not.
>
>It's a fake.

I agree. The new picture next to the keyboard shows the size quite
clearly. It IS a PCMCIA slot on the end. Taking that into account, those
buttons are tiny! The lid also looks like it can't be flipped all the way
around. Apple has had some machines with bad form factors, but they have
been cranking out well-designed machines for a while and I think that they
wouldn't make something like that. Also, if it has HWR, why do they not
show a stylus with it? If they could get it out of the lab and into the
lav unnoticed, I would think that they could grab the stylus.

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?