Re: [NTLK] New iPod...

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 21:22:07 EDT

Jamie,

I stand corrected on the Minidisc, they are optical. I use them mostly for
transferring cassette tapes I get for continuing education. Still use the
hip zip for music. I just find the 40 MB zip disks rather constrained as far
as storage. I would find the MD player more usable if it didn't transfer in
"real time." Maybe because it takes 30 minutes of playing in order to record
30 minutes of listening and I don't generally listen to these training tapes
more than once. Hadn't really done much with it in the way of music. I will
admit the sound quality is good despite the source. Already have an older CD
player in my car that works well, but unlike the newer ones doesn't play
MP3s. I actually have been rather impressed with the quality of conversion
of CD to MP3, especially when compared to cassette or LP. Of course I
probably miss some of the distortion when listening to music with the
lawnmower in the background.

Chet