Re: [NTLK] iDisappointed

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 21:57:47 EDT

>what a huge letdown!

If you were expecting a PDA. I wasn't. Not yet, anyway ;-)

You didn't believe spymac.com and the rumor sites, did you?

>don't forget to add the price of a firewire mac if you don't already have
>one :-(

Nope. Just add a Fireware card to your Mac if you don't have it. I have
a WallStreet PowerBook. I wanted AirPort. Bought a WaveLAN PC Card. I
wanted USB. Bought a USB PC card (it's even a Windows card; works
perfectly). If I want Fireware, I just pop in a fireware card. (Now
if someone makes a combo USB/Firewire card I could have all three at
once, although it's likely I'll need it with my office setup at home;
there's little point for me to use the AirPort in the office as that's
where the Ethernet hub is....similarly I'm unlikely to need USB and
Firewire while surfing the 'Net on the back desk or on the couch using
AirPort.

>i'll take the iWalk anyday - even with the dumb name!

Can you say "Sony lawsuit"? I knew you could.

I kinda like iPod. Unique, unmistakable.

- Bill