Re: [NTLK] FTP site for Newton Packages?

From: Adam Warner (lists_at_consulting.net.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 18:41:40 EDT

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 03:53, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2001, Adam Warner wrote:
>
> > I've found that I cannot install packages from the web browser in
> > LunaSuite. However the documentation says it can install packages by
> > FTP.
> >
> > But I cannot find an FTP site with unpacked packages. The closest I got
> > was ftp.amug.org/pub/mirrors/info-mac/nwt/ but they are all hqx files.
> >
> > It look like only http://ftp.unna.org is possible. ftp logins are
> > disabled.
>
> No UNNA server runs FTP. Period. I would highly suggest you use Newt's
> Cape instead...

Good suggestion. I've discovered that you can't (at least easily, I
haven't found a way yet!) to restore a Newton that has LunaSuite
installed. You keep getting asked whether you want to remove all the
settings or not. Repeatedly. Answering Yes or No makes no difference.

It seems to be possible to restore by unselecting these packages:

1st LunaSuite Pro
2nd LunaSuite Pro
Bookmarks
Go To
InetHTTP Transport Protocol
Luna Ranger
LunaSuite Config
URL Scheduler

And then restoring 2nd LunaSuite Pro which installs the rest again.

Regards,
Adam